“Learning How to Animate Racial Justice Workshops”
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 9 am – 5:30 pm
(registration deadline October 4)
Location: Toronto School of Theology (47 Queens Park Crescent East, Toronto)
Have you been asked to lead a racial justice workshop and don’t know where to start?
• Experience elements of successful workshops
• Receive tips on design, process, and pitfalls
• Opportunity to design your own workshop with others
Participative workshop led by the experienced workshop designers and facilitators of the Canadian Ecumenical Anti-Racism Network, a table of the Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning of The Canadian Council of Churches
Pre-requisite: Participants will have a common understanding that racism in Canada is real and experienced in the life of people in communities and institutions across Canada, including in the church.
This understanding includes the need for a faith response as demonstrated in CEARN resources such as “Cracking open White identity”.
This workshop is not meant as a racial justice training, but rather will be a shared exploration of design, process, and animation of racial justice workshops and conversations.
Cost: $125 ($75 for students or low income)
* Team member rate: $95
* We are offering this special per person rate for organizations, communities, congregations etc. to encourage teams of participants. Throughout the day there will be group time to begin designing a workshop, event, or resource for your context.
Includes: lunch, workshop materials, copy of “Cracking open White identity”, racial justice bibliography, sample workshops and activities, experienced racial justice animation team, relationship building with other racial justice animators.
The workshop will draw on our shared experiences, wisdom, questions, and gifts.
Design and Animation Team
Members of the CEARN steering committee bring decades of racial justice animation in the Canadian context.
There will be small group time to apply our conversations and learning together to beginning to design a workshop, event, or resource for your local context. Organizations, communities, congregations, etc. are encouraged to take advantage of the special team registration rate to attend as a group and design together.
We will be learning together through:
- Worship and Community Building
- Participants stories of animating racial justice
- Tools for understanding racism
- The art of design and facilitation
- Strategies for the expected and unexpected
- Theological reflection
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 416-972-9494 x 26
To Register fill out and submit the form below.
You will be contacted with instructions for payment of registration fees.