Five days focused on faith, heart, mind, and skills for the art of intercultural ministry
Engage Difference! Deepening Understanding for Intercultural Ministry (DUIM) is a 5-day interactive and engaging program with practical ideas for implementation in your own context. DUIM is for ministry leaders and community members nurturing cultural relevance, understanding, and awareness in their communities.
9:30 am Monday July 10 – 5:00 pm Friday July 14, 2023 (register below)
IMPORTANT: Registration for this program is at capacity and we are not taking new registrations.
St. Stephen’s College Doctor of Ministry Students: A space has been held for you. Please proceed with filling in the registration form (below) and paying your fees prior to the registration deadline of June 12.
All others: We are maintaining a wait list. Please contact email@example.com and provide an email and phone number. We will be in contact on a first come first serve basis if spaces open up. You will also be contacted with announcements of future program offerings.
Location: St. Stephen’s College University of Alberta
8810 112 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2J6
Residential or Commuter program. Residential option is strongly recommended as informal time with other participants and time of retreat are significant program experiences. There will be program activities two evenings and optional activities two evenings. All meals are included Monday lunch through Friday lunch (including suppers.)
- $1095 Residential program. All meals, accommodation, program activities and materials included.
- $895 Commuter program. All meals, program activities and materials included. No accommodation.
St. Stephen’s College participant (for credit)
Required to also register through St. Stephen’s and pay academic fees and program materials fee ($50).
These fees will be collected by St. Stephen’s.
Affordable meal and accommodation packages are offered (to be paid to the Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning)
- $475 Residential package. All meals and accommodation.
- $255 Commuter package. All meals. No accommodation.
- St. Stephens students who do not purchase a package will be responsible to make arrangements for their food and/or accommodation.
Optional additional accommodation
(Sunday July 9 and/or Friday July 14)
- $45 per night. Meals not included.
Bursaries are Available
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada members: up to 80% of fees.
- United Church of Canada members: up to $500 for those who are not members of the UCC continuing education plan, up to $300 to those who are continuing education plan members
- FILL Diversity Fund: Amount on an as needed basis. Available to those who self-identify as members of a marginalized community, including (but not limited to) racialized, indigenous, person with a disability, neurodiverse, etc.
Registration Deadline: June 12 2023.
A $200 deposit (non-refundable after the registration deadline) is required to confirm registration. Full fees can be paid when registering. Balance of fees are due at the registration deadline. Payment options include credit card, e-transfer, cheque, or an invoice can be provided for payment by a sponsoring agency.
Learn more about the Engage Difference! Deepening Understanding for Intercultural Ministry program.
COVID-19 precautions: Please read the St. Stephen’s College Health and Safety Measures. Participants will be asked to do rapid testing first day of program (tests will be provided.) Those who mask will be supported in doing so. There is a no-questions-asked full refund of FILL fees if unable to participate due to COVID.
Download program logistics including COVID policies, transportation options, accommodation, program preparation, and packing list.
For more information email email@example.com or call 416-972-9494 ext. 207
This is a program of The Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning, a reference group of The Canadian Council of Churches in collaboration with St. Stephen’s College.